Poster and Oral Presentations
Extended deadline: January 31, 2018 (11:59 PM CST)
This event offers a opportunity for interprofessional development. The Institute for Rural Health Research welcomes proposals from UA students, faculty, and staff as well as researchers from other institutions, health care professionals, community leaders, and other interested participants.
Submissions in the following areas are especially encouraged:
- Prevention, treatment, and/or recovery
- Clinical topics
- Community-engaged strategies
- Proposals in other areas will also be considered
Submissions will be accepted for:
- 10 minute oral presentations
- Poster presentations
All submissions will be reviewed and scored by a committee of faculty from a range of health-related disciplines. Applicants should indicate the type of presentation they prefer (10 minute oral or poster) in the submission form. However, the review committee will determine presentation type and placement.
The top scoring submissions for poster presentation will be invited to give a 3 minute, elevator pitch style oral presentation of their work.
Review the following guidelines:
- Abstracts must present results of original research.
- Limit abstracts to 2,000 characters. Abstracts longer than this will be truncated in the form.
- List the presenting author first.
- Include the following subheadings: Purpose, Background, Methods, Results, Discussion/Conclusions.
- Do not include tables/figures/references. Define all abbreviations the first time they appear in the abstract.
- Abstracts related to the conference theme will receive special consideration.
- You must submit via the electronic submission form.